When backing a project on Indie Birds, it’s important to understand that delays can occur during the creative process. Here’s what you need to know:
- Estimated delivery date: Creators are required to set an estimated delivery date for their project, which serves as a goal for when they hope to start shipping rewards. However, this date is an estimate, not a guarantee of when backers will receive their rewards.
- Reasons for delays: Projects can experience delays for various reasons. The creative process is dynamic, and unanticipated challenges may arise along the way. Additionally, creators often manage the project independently or with a small team, which can contribute to delays. Underestimating the time required to produce the rewards is also a common factor. It’s important to remember that a delay does not necessarily mean the project has failed.
- Backer involvement: By backing a project, you become part of the creative journey. While delays can be frustrating, they often occur because the creator is working on bringing something new and innovative to life. It’s important to maintain patience and understanding during this process.
- Lack of communication: It is expected that creators communicate with their backers, especially when a project is delayed. However, communication methods may vary among creators. If a creator is not responding to messages, it could be due to a high volume of inquiries or other commitments. It’s advisable to wait for a reasonable amount of time before following up. If a creator hasn’t posted an update in over four weeks, you can request an update via the project page.
- Refunds: Refunds are at the discretion of each creator. If funds have already been allocated to production, materials, postage, or labor, issuing a refund may not be possible. It’s important to remember that Indie Birds is not a store, and creators are responsible for the final delivery of rewards and determining their refund policies.
- Impact of refund requests: Requesting a refund while a project is still in progress can significantly impact the creator’s ability to fulfill the project. It’s crucial to consider the impact on the creator’s efforts to bring their project to life before requesting a refund.
Remember, backing a project on Indie Birds is a collaborative process, and delays are part of the creative journey. Patience, understanding, and open communication between backers and creators can help navigate any challenges that arise during the project’s development.