Introduction: The Indian film industry, often referred to as Bollywood and Tollywood, has garnered international recognition for its vibrant storytelling, charismatic actors, and mesmerising song and dance sequences. However, behind the glitz and glamour lies a murky reality. Corruption, like an unwelcome guest, has found its way into the very heart of the Indian film industry, tarnishing its reputation and affecting its integrity. In this article, we delve into the pervasive issue of corruption within the industry, its causes, and its consequences.
- The Nexus of Money and Power: Corruption in the Indian film industry is fueled by the close relationship between money and power. In an industry where finances play a significant role, those with deep pockets often exert their influence to manipulate the course of careers and film projects. Powerful producers and individuals with connections can dictate casting decisions, disregarding talent and opting for individuals who may not be the best fit for a role. They can also leverage their influence to secure favorable distribution deals, ensuring their films get maximum exposure and promotional support. Moreover, tampering with box office collections has been reported, with inflated numbers reported to create a false perception of success and attract more investors.
- Nepotism and Favoritism: Nepotism and favoritism have long been a subject of controversy in the Indian film industry. Established actors, directors, and producers often prefer to work with family members, close friends, or those who are part of their social circle. This practice limits opportunities for talented newcomers who lack connections, creating an uneven playing field. Merit and skill can take a backseat to personal relationships, depriving deserving individuals of chances to showcase their abilities. This culture of nepotism not only discourages new talent but also perpetuates a sense of entitlement and diminishes the industry’s credibility in the eyes of the audience.
- Payola and Under-the-Table Deals: Payola, a practice involving the exchange of bribes or incentives, is prevalent in the Indian film industry. It extends beyond securing radio airplay for film songs to various aspects of the industry. Unscrupulous individuals and their agents often offer illicit payments to ensure their songs receive more airtime, their films receive positive reviews, and they have a better chance of winning awards. These under-the-table deals distort fair competition, making it difficult for talented artists to compete on a level playing field. The focus shifts from the quality of work to the amount of money or favors exchanged, eroding the integrity of the creative process.
- Tax Evasion and Money Laundering: The Indian film industry’s significant revenue potential has made it an attractive target for tax evasion and money laundering. Complex financial structures, involving multiple entities such as production houses, financiers, and distributors, provide opportunities for unscrupulous practices. Black money flows through inflated budgets, bogus contracts, and offshore transactions, evading taxes and circumventing legal scrutiny. This not only results in a loss of legitimate tax revenue for the government but also perpetuates a culture of financial malpractice within the industry. Such practices prevent accurate financial assessments, making it challenging to determine a film’s true success or failure.
- Lack of Transparency and Accountability: The absence of a robust regulatory framework and a lack of transparency exacerbate corruption in the Indian film industry. Financial transactions are often opaque, making it difficult to trace the flow of money and identify potential irregularities. Limited auditing mechanisms and the absence of stringent guidelines contribute to unchecked abuse of power and financial malfeasance. The lack of clear policies and enforcement mechanisms allows corrupt practices to persist without fear of detection or consequences. This hampers efforts to foster a fair and transparent environment within the industry.
Conclusion: Corruption within the Indian film industry is a multifaceted problem that requires comprehensive solutions. Strengthening regulations, enhancing transparency, and promoting merit-based decision-making are crucial steps in combating corruption. The industry needs clearer guidelines, stricter auditing processes, and increased accountability to root out corruption and restore faith in the system. By addressing these issues collectively, the Indian film industry can pave the way for a more equitable and transparent environment that rewards talent and creativity while eliminating the detrimental impact of corruption. Only through systemic reforms can the industry regain its standing as a global force.Top Arts and Crafts – 2023
Fundraising for NGO
💸💵💴💶💷🪙💰💳🚨Indie Birds 🚨
Marvel of Memories
“Marvel of Memories” is a film that follows Prateek, an artist and traveler who spends his days sketching in random places. While he searches for a woman he encountered years ago, he becomes captivated by the beauty of the women around him. However, his attempts to communicate with them prove futile.
As Prateek’s search intensifies, the lines between memory and reality become blurred, and he embarks on a journey through the streets to confront his past. In the midst of the bustling activity, he must navigate the complexities of memory and the power of dreams to unlock the truth about his past and move forward.
The film is a poignant exploration of the human experience, delving into the themes of memory, perception, and the pursuit of connection. With a unique blend of emotion and intrigue, “Marvel of Memories” takes audiences on a journey they will not soon forget.
Marvel of Memories” is a captivating film that follows Prateek, an artist and traveller who spends his days sketching in random places. Prateek has been searching for a woman he met years ago and is drawn to the beauty of the women he encounters on his journey. However, his attempts to connect with them prove to be difficult. Prateek’s search intensifies, and the lines between his memories and reality blur. He embarks on a journey through the streets, exploring different places and confronting his past. The peaceful city becomes a backdrop for his journey as he navigates the complexities of memory and the power of dreams to unlock the truth about his past and move forward. As the film progresses, audiences are taken on a poignant exploration of the human experience, delving into memory, perception, and the pursuit of connection. The emotional journey is accentuated by the intrigue of trying to understand Prateek’s journey and his ultimate quest for answers. In “Marvel of Memories,” audiences are presented with a unique blend of emotion and intrigue. As the story unfolds, they are taken on a journey they will not soon forget, exploring the complexities of memory and the human experience. Through Prateek’s journey, the film encourages viewers to contemplate their memories and what they hold dear, ultimately leaving them with a sense of wonder and appreciation for the beauty of life and the memories that make it so meaningful. Thanks to you, we’ve raised our initial goal for the First 3 Day Shoot. The crowdfunding campaign for “Marvel of Memories”! Our film follows Prateek, an artist and traveler, as he navigates the complexities of memory, reality, and dreams in his search for a mysterious woman he encountered years ago. We’ve already completed 10% of the shoot, but we need your help to bring this powerful story to the big screen. As Prateek journeys through the streets, sketching and observing the women around him, he discovers that the line between memory and reality is not always clear. The more he searches for the woman from his past, the more he begins to question whether she ever really existed at all. “Marvel of Memories” is a deeply moving and thought-provoking film that explores the human experience in a unique and unforgettable way. With your support, we can complete the remaining 90% of the shoot and share this incredible story with audiences around the world. Your contribution will help cover the costs of production, including equipment, location fees, and crew expenses. In return for your support, we’re offering a range of exclusive perks, from early access to the finished film to a personal sketch from Prateek himself. Thank you for joining us on this journey. Together, we can create something truly special and inspiring.
We’re now moving on to our stretch goals: #Invest in Movie Industry+12.5 Lakhs | Second Schedule Shoot. +5 Lakhs | Post Production. +1 Lakh | Festival Fees / Publicity / Distribution.
BUDGET BREAKDOWNYour contributions will help cover production costs such as expenses for cast and crew, equipment rental, location fees, props- and costume design, and ensure at the very least one meal per day for everyone on set. Oh yes, and coffee! Loads of coffee! ₹15,963,00 | Total Production Cost. Stretch Goals +₹12,50,000 | Second Schedule. + ₹5,000,00 | Post Production + ₹1,00,000 | Festival Fees / Publicity / Distribution Total Funding Goal: ₹21,963,00. We sincerely appreciate any support! If you believe in this project but can’t afford to back it up, feel free to help us by sharing it with others or leaving a comment of support. We also need a publicist to make sure this film gets the attention it deserves. In short: We need your help to finish and get the film out! We are looking to cover costs for:
- Pending 6-Day Shoot.
- sound mix.
- colour grading so the film looks perfect.
Risks and challenges
The Greatest risk is that we won’t raise the money and will face incredible hurdles to releasing this film, Our project is ambitious, and with every crowdfunding campaign comes the risk of not meeting your target. The biggest challenge at this stage is to Raise the funds, and we need to get through the production stage, and for the same, we need your help. We hope you will consider donating, and please share your enthusiasm with your friends and family!
SCHEDULEProduction : First Schedule: Completed. ( Nov – 2022) Equipment Used : Sony FX9, CP 3 Lenses, Nucleus N, Gimbal, GH6, Sony A7S2, GH8. Second Schedule : Pre-Production | December 2022. Production | January 2023. Post-Production | February – March 2023 Film Festival Submissions | April – September 2023 Private Screening | Summer 2023 # Film Funding in India #crowdfunding for films #marvel of memories #fundraising for film #Donate Now #support Indie FIlm.#how to invest in movie Industry #investors for film projects #stragers #story #travelers #Artists #investors for film projects #how to enter into cinema industry Reach us for More info
₹500 – ₹999
99 rewards left
Certificate of Appreciation from Indie Birds.
₹1000 – ₹4999
98 rewards left
Film Marvel of memories Digital Wall Poster + Above All.
₹5000 – more
41 rewards left
Framed digital artwork + Above All.
Successfully Completed First Schedule of 3 Day Shoot.
Trailer coming soon – Expected date 31-12-2022
|Anonymous||₹50,000.00||November 08, 2022|
|Anonymous||₹50,000.00||November 02, 2022|
|Anonymous||₹100,000.00||July 11, 2022|
|Suneel Kumar||₹6,000.00||April 01, 2022|
|Anonymous||₹5,000.00||June 24, 2022|
|Sadodita Ghali||₹1,800.00||June 23, 2022|
|Rani Sailaja V||₹500.00||June 23, 2022|
|Krishna||₹5,000.00||June 23, 2022|
|Bhimsain Murthy||₹15,000.00||November 04, 2022|
|Shobha Rani||₹58,000.00||June 24, 2022|
|Chaitanya Kumar||₹51,000.00||June 23, 2022|
|Ram Charan Tej Labani||₹4,000.00||June 23, 2022|